Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Its that time of month PROM!



It's that month where department stores are just filled with dresses and makeup counters are the busiest ever. Yes it's Prom! My bestfriend was going to her Junior prom and she asked me to do her hair and makeup. We did a trial run one night and she let me do whatever I wanted. In the end, she thought it was too dramatic for her style, and as I thought about it, yeah she never wears makeup so why do a smoky teal look on someone that doesn't wear makeup on a daily basis. So we did a second trial run another night with something she felt more comfortable with. I did a neutral eye with teal eyeliner. I did her hair which I was kind of worried in the beginning because I don't have that much experience with hair styling. I can tease hair but that's pretty much it. I was surprised on the outcome, it came out better than I thought it would.


My Prom experience was a bad experience. It rained that night, and the boyfriend was being so shy we didn't dance!!!! But then again the DJ was playing music like the chicken dance, wahh! My boyfriend came down from a different state to take me to prom so I understood why he was so shy, he knew no one. The only person he knew was his cousin who was also my best friend and he lives down the street from me so that is how me and my boyfriend met. I stayed at prom for literally 20 mins. We took pictures said hi to a couple people and left. That is my prom experience everyone wahoo! I paid $500 for my dress and stayed at prom for 20 mins?! As for my makup I didn't know how to contour, or do eyemakeup at all. I used bareminerals for my foundation and used a champagne color all over my lid. L'Oreal true match blush and Revlon eyeliner. In the end I'm glad I went just to see what it looked like and of course dress up. I think everyone should go to their prom even if its only for 20 mins. =)

7 comments:

  1. omg your dress is sooooooo nice!! i love it! i went to my bf's prom and i didn't know anyone so my prom was a bad experience lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I like your bestfriend's neutral look :)

    And as for your prom, it's completely understandable for the BF to feel out of place, but your dress looks absolutely stunning and as for your look, it's beautiful :) less = better heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGAH 500 bucks? Dang..well you know what the dress looked very gorgeous. You looked gorgeous as well. It looks like one of those dresses celebrities would wear at award nights. I got my prom dress for 30 bucks ;) butthat was yeeeaaarrrsss ago ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow your looked so gorgeous!
    i also think that every girl should attend their prom.. thats something so special! every girl outside the usa is dreaming of it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look georgous in that dress and luv the dress. You look very pretty. Lovely blog. =) I'm going to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that sure is an expensive prom dress, but it looks SO beautiful on you! I wish I could've worn a dress that gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! and i thought my prom dress was expensive. lovely.

    ReplyDelete