Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wolfe Bros HydroColors

So I've been using Wolfe Bros brand Hydrocolors cakes for a while now, they're similiar to Kryolans aquacolor cakes, Ben Nyes, and Mehrons. I heard rave reviews about this brand and I have to say I love it. The neon palette is comparable to Kryolans UV palette but cheaper! This cost me about 16 dollars and they sell the refills for it also for I think 3 dollars. As you can see I used the Essentials (primary colors) palette quite often. The colors are yellow, dark green, white, blue, black, red. These are great to use as eye shadows also. You have to be fast at blending and may need to blend with powder eyeshadow on top but it makes the shadows very vibrant.

This was a project I had to do in class and the the task was to be an animal. Of course I wanted to push my self and do something hard so I chose a catepillar. To get that vibrant green I mixed the hydrocolors together. It's kind of tough to mix but all you have to do is take your spatula and scrape off dark green, yellow, neon green, and white add the slightest amount of water and mix the colors on a metal palette.

4 comments:

  1. I see, youre still in makeup school. It looks like you are doing just awesome. The look you did is freaking cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is seriousllyyyy insane. you have mad skill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amaaazing! Thanks for sharing, these are seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! Wow, you are really talented with your makeup!

    ReplyDelete